Grow America’s Infrastructure Now (GAIN) is a diverse coalition of businesses, trade associations, and labor groups that share a vested interest in creating jobs and strengthening our nation’s economy through infrastructure development.
For decades, our nation has neglected to prioritize critical infrastructure improvements necessary to ensure an economy that affords everyone the opportunity to achieve their own American Dream. In 2017, this prolonged lack of attention earned America’s infrastructure a D+ on the American Society of Civil Engineers’ quadrennial Infrastructure Report Card.
This inaction bears a heavy cost to communities across the country. From roads and bridges, to pipelines, water systems, wireless networks, and the electric grid, the United States faces an uphill climb to restore, rebuild, and expand infrastructure capable of meeting a dynamic and growing 21st century economy.
Investing in our nation’s infrastructure creates both long and short term benefits for our communities and keeps our economy competitive in an increasingly global marketplace. It provides good paying jobs, additional tax base to local schools and municipal services, increased safety for the movement of goods and people across the country, and added revenues for small businesses throughout the supply chain.
The right infrastructure investments and commitments from political leadership can make these goals a reality.
It is time to Grow America’s Infrastructure Now.
Our members include:
- Associated General Contractors of Michigan
- Columbus/Central Ohio Building & Construction Trades Council
- Greater North Dakota Chamber of Commerce
- Iowa Association of Business and Industry
- Louisiana Oil and Gas Association
- Louisiana Propane Gas Association
- Michigan Forest Products Council
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce
- Ohio Manufacturers Association
- Pipeliners Local Union 798
- Poepping, Stone, Bach & Associates, Inc.
- South Dakota Petroleum and Propane Marketers Association